Make an appointment with an Academic Success Navigator!
Academic Success Navigator
Don't know where to start?
The Academic Success Navigator appointment is a great option if you don't know the ins and outs of each Academic Success Center service and want to make the most out of our offerings. You will meet one-on-one with a professional staff member to share your academic goals and challenges and receive personalized referrals to ASC services and other campus resources. The Navigator will also walk you through the step-by-step processes to receive academic support, such as applying for tutoring or making an academic coaching appointment. This is also an ideal option for those who are looking for a one-time appointment to learn some study skills and access self-guided resources.
What it is:
- Individualized approach to connecting students to resources within the ASC
- Open and inviting approach to connecting directly with students
- Opportunity to make additional referrals as appropriate to other DSO/campus units (Academic Advising, SAS, Student Assistance, Student Counseling, etc.) when support beyond ASC resources may be needed
What it's not:
- This service is not meant to replace existing resources/processes that already exist on campus (academic advising, financial aid, etc.).
- This service will not replace an ongoing connection to a helping professional (i.e. mental health care).
- This service is not academic skills coaching.
Who is it for?
- Students who may need additional affirmation/confirmation of their academic support needs
- Any student who doesn't know where to begin but wants a connection to our resources